Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gobble, Gobble - Thanksgiving Cards

I started working backwards this year on my holiday card making.  I began creating my Christmas cards about a month before I even thought about Thanksgiving!  To be fair, we do send out about 100 more Christmas cards than Thanksgiving, but it still doesn't seem right.  Thanksgiving is important - at least in my eyes it is!

I couldn't resist using this really cute turkey from Papertrey Ink I picked up last week!  Instead of stamping his feathers on paper, I decided to use felt.  First I use the die and cut the base shape in Harvest Gold.  Next I cut petal shapes with the rest of the colors and use the base shape as a guide when adhering the 'feathers'.   He's just so stinking cute.  I must find away to incorporate this little guy in with other Thanksgiving creations such as the menu or place cards.

(Sorry about the quality of the photo, I believe it is time for a new camera)

Supplies Used:
Paper:  KraftTerracotta TileDark ChocolateVintage CreamHarvest Gold
Stamps:  Gobble, Gobble
Ink:  Chocolate ChipCrumb CakeTerracotta Tile
Other:  Dark Chocolate Felt, Harvest Gold Felt, Terracotta Tile Felt, Gobble, Gobble DieMat Stack 3 DieLayerz Mat Stack 3 DieMega Mat Stack 3 DieBountiful Banners Die

No comments:

Post a Comment