Monday, September 24, 2012

Candy Corn Wreath


Autumn is officially here in Pennsylvania!  That means it's time to start to get ready for HALLOWEEN!  I just love, love, love Halloween!  I've started to bring out my Halloween and Fall decorations from storage.  For me it is a two step decorating process; I decorate for Halloween as well as putting out a few items that are a general Fall theme;  I leave those general items out until the day after Thanksgiving (November 22 this year) and then switch the others on November 1st, the day after Halloween.

I decided to take a page from my Easter decorating and attempt to make a wreath out of some type of candy.  I picked candy corn to be my choice of edible goodness to highlight.  I purchased a 16 inch Styrofoam wreath from Michael's (using a coupon, of course) and used Duck tape this time to cover the form versus ribbon.  I love the way the Duck tape turned out and it was super easy to cover (and much less expensive than ribbon).

I purchased 3 pounds of candy corns from my local food store which sold them in packages of 1 pound each, and ended up using a total of 2 pounds for the project.   Since I had left over, I used that candy to fill one of the apothecary jars on my grandmothers tea cart in our foyer.  I hot glued the candy to the wreath alternating the direction of the corns every other row.  I think it would also look good if they were just placed on the wreath whichever way they would fit to fill up any of the open spaces!    I used some black ribbon and bow to finish off the wreath.  I have to admit, I did sneak a few candy corns while making the wreath and watching television at the same time - um, I did the same thing with the Peep wreath too.  

Thought I'd share with you the view I had making my wreath!  This is Piper, my 7 year old Yorkie and my crafting buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment